Isn’t it hard to believe that 2023 is nearing it’s end? As the saying goes, the days may be long, but the years are short. Much has happened at Anew Day in the past 12 months that was not even in the planning stages one year ago.
• We found a new location and secured a new lease doubling our square footage.
• We designed tenant improvements to meet our specific needs for flow, sound control and safety.
• We built out our new space according to our plans.
• We had both our Clinical Director and our Lay Counseling Supervisor step away to follow a new calling.
• We filled the open leadership positions in-house, with two of our beloved staff.
• We hosted a very successful Second Annual BBQ Fundraiser.
• We hosted our first hybrid Counseling Skills Workshop utilizing our professionally recorded videos.
• We designed and decorated our new counseling office spaces.
• We utilized 30+ volunteers to help us move our office.
• One of our Associates earned her clinical license.
• We hosted our own staff Christmas Party.
• We are finally able to resume our Men’s Support Group.
To accomplish all this, we have been running at a crazy pace and with the timing of our move we were unable to get our usual newsletter finished before the end of the year. It will be delayed a month or two so you should be receiving it early next year. There is so much I want to share with you, so be looking for it.
Christmas is a time of giving and I know many of you are considering the organizations you will support with your year-end donations. I would like to humbly ask that you consider donating to Anew Day this December. We are in a time of expansion driven by the growth in need for our services. People in our community are struggling with mental challenges and we want to be available to help as best we can. We cannot do this very well if we do not grow with the need, so that is exactly what we are doing. The need has grown, now our office space has grown, so we need our resources and number of volunteers to grow as well. Would you consider making a one-time donation to support our affordable counseling services, or would you consider committing to a monthly donation to help provide a dependable income for our ministry? Any amount you’re able to give will be a tremendous blessing.
I wish you all the best this Christmas and in the coming year,
Anew Day Executive Director
Here are some before and after photos of our new location!
We’ve created a warm space where our clients feel valued and cared for.